|Copyright © 2017 - EHPOWERRS Management Services, Inc.- All Rights Reserved
Proud Member Of...
2273 McCoy Road; Suite B
Sun Prairie, WI 53590
retirement plan, disability insurance and more. Tell these applicants no benefits are offered, and often top-flight candidates will head for the door.
The positive side to this coin: Offer the right benefit, and your business may just jump-start its growth. "Give employees the benefits they value, and
they'll be more satisfied, miss fewer workdays, be less likely to quit, and have higher commitment to meeting the company's goals," says Joe The law
requires employers to provide employees with certain benefits. You must...
- Give employees time off to vote, serve on a jury and perform military service.
- Comply with all workers' compensation requirements.
- Withhold taxes from employees' paychecks and pay your own portion of taxes.
- Pay state and federal unemployment taxes, thus providing benefits for unemployed workers.
- Contribute to state short-term disability programs in states where such programs exist.
- Comply with the Federal Family and Medical Leave (FMLA).You are not required to provide:
We help you with plans you're not required to provide, but makes a HUGE difference in keeping high value employees...
- 401K plans
- Saving Incentive Match Plan For Employees (Simple)
- Simplified Employee Pensions (SEPS)
- Life insurance plans
- Paid vacations, holidays or sick leave
In reality, however, most companies offer some or all of these benefits to stay competitive.
Once you have great employees on board, how do you keep them from jumping ship? One way is by offering
Many small-business owners mistakenly believe they cannot afford to offer benefits. But while going without
benefits may boost your bottom line in the short run, than penny-wise philosophy could strangle your
business's chances for long-term prosperity. "There are certain benefits good employees feel they must
have," says Ray Silverstein, founder of PRO, President's Resource Organization, a small-business advisory
Heading the list of must-have benefits is medical insurance, but many job applicants also demand a
|With So Many Choices Available
Like Us On...